MAXI-CHOKER Coax Line Isolator, 1-61 MHz, 3KW, SO-239 In/Out, 5K Choking
- Uses proprietary Multi-Mix(TM) technology for maximum choking (up to 6K ohm) and maximum bandwidth
- 3 KW PEP, 50 ohm SO-239 connectors In/Out, 1-61 MHz
- Available with ground stud/static bleeder option for solving tough RFI issues
- Available with dual stud/wingnut output for ladder line interface
- Works for all coax fed antennas from 1.8-61 MHz (160-6 meters) - excellent for multi-band beams, verticals, dipoles and off center fed antennas.
- 2-5 times more choking resistance, wider bandwidth and higher power then competing filters
MAXI-CHOKER feed line chokes are used to suppress common mode current carried on the outside of the coax braid which is often responsible for receiver noise and RFI in the receiver/transmitter. These chokes are very useful for suppressing RFI common mode current at the antenna feed point, at 1/2 wavelength intervals along the coax feed line and also at the entrance to the radio station.
This choke is available with a SO-239 input/output and ground/static bleeder stud
(optional) for attachment to a ground rod. Use an isolator every 1/2
wavelength for the antenna operating frequency (include velocity factor
in calculation). Use the ground lug option for long coax antenna feed
lines (over 1/2 wavelength at the operating frequency of any antenna
system in the near field of the coax).
To address separate solutions we have developed two separate RFI kits: one for HF (1.8-300 MHz) mobile installations and another for VHF/UHF (30-1000 MHz) mobile installations. Each kit uses the appropriate ferrite mix for the frequency range desired.