MAXI-CHOKER Coax Line Isolator/Choke, 1-61 MHz, 3KW/5KW, up to -60 Db Common Mode Rejection, Static Bleeder Option
Brand: Palomar Engineers
Country/Region of Manufacture: United States
Effective Frequency Range (MHz): 1-161 (3KW)/1-61 MHz (5KW)
PEP Power Rating (watts): 3000 to 61 MHz, 1500 watts to 161 Mhz
Common Mode Attenuation (db): 20-48 dB (3KW), up to 60 dB (5KW)
Estimated Insertion Loss (db): .25 db
Input Connector Type: SO-239 female/N (option)
Output Connector Connector Type: SO-239 female/ N (option)
Ground Connector (Y/N): optional with static bleeder
Enclosure Size (LxWxH inches): 12" long, 2" diameter (3KW)/11" x 2-3/4" (5KW)
- Uses proprietary Multi-Mix, Multi-Core, Multi-Turn(TM) ferrite technology for maximum choking (up to -48 dB common mode noise rejection) and maximum bandwidth
- Choose 3 KW PEP or 5KW PEP for heavy duty digital modes up to legal limit, 50 ohm SO-239 connectors In/Out, 1-61 MHz, usable to 100 MHz
- Suppresses transmitter coax feed line radiation when installed at antenna feed point or reduces common mode receiver "noise" when installed at radio end of coax.
- Available with ground stud/static bleeder option for solving tough RFI issues
- Available with dual stud/wingnut output for ladder line interface
- Works for all coax fed antennas from 1.8-61 MHz (160-6 meters) - excellent for multi-band beams, verticals, dipoles and highly unbalanced off center fed antennas.
- 2-5 times more common mode noise rejection, wider bandwidth and higher power then competing filters
MAXI-CHOKER feed line chokes are used to suppress common mode current carried on the outside of the coax braid which is often responsible for receiver noise and RFI in the receiver/transmitter. These chokes are very useful for suppressing RFI common mode current at the antenna feed point, at 1/2 wavelength intervals along the coax feed line and also at the entrance to the radio station. This choke is available with a SO-239 input/output and ground/static bleeder stud (optional) for attachment to a ground rod. Use an isolator every 1/2 wavelength for the antenna operating frequency (include velocity factor in calculation). Use the ground lug option for long coax antenna feed lines (over 1/2 wavelength at the operating frequency of any antenna system in the near field of the coax).
Need a smaller power rating but with same, great common mode suppression? Try our 500 watt PEP rated Mini-Choker HERE
Save this product for later
Display prices in: USD